Blu-U Light and Levulan Acne Treatment
Hard to control acne is simply that: hard to control on your own. While there are many treatments for moderate acne like creams, washes and mild to strong medications, you may not respond well to antibiotics. At El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, we have the expertise to design a complete program for healthy skin. Blu-U Light may be the treatment that is right for you. The Blu-U us a very special blue light that can kill the bacteria in your skin. It’s simple and effective.
- Treatments are simple. You simply sit with your face close to the light for a short time at a schedule set up for you, as supervised by one of our Acne Treatment Center Registered Nurses or aesthetician.
- There is a 30 minute twice per week non consecutive sessions for up to fifteen sessions.
- It’s very safe, not hot, and not painful at all.
- After some weeks, the blue light can control the acne or clear it up for a very long period.
The Blu-U was cleared by the FDA in 2003 for the treatment of moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris.
Our Registered Nurses or aesthetician may recommend that the Blu-U Light is used in conjunction with Levulan Kerastick® – a solution that is applied to the targeted area to boost the effects of the Blu-U Light and shrink oil glands for superior acne treatment results.
Levulan will be administered by an El Paso Cosmetic Surgery healthcare professional under the supervision of Dr. Sozer. Levulan is hassle free!
- There are no prescriptions for you to fill, no daily medications to remember
- Patient will begin: Effaclar Gel Cleanser, Effaclar Toner, Effaclar K, and mineral powder sun protection
- Patient will also start with VitaMedica® Clear Skin vitamins
- During week three patient will stop Effaclar K and use Toleriane Fluid instead
- For a more advanced treatment IPL Laser will be incorporated during week four
- At the end of series #3, once skin has completely healed, patient will start on the Obagi system for 9 weeks, with exfoliation treatments at three week intervals
- By this time skin is usually clear and free from acne, patient may begin laser resurfacing
You can count on Dr. Sozer and the professional staff at the Acne Treatment Center to answer all your questions regarding Blu-U Light and Levulan® Acne treatment.
The El Paso Cosmetic Surgery Difference: At Our Acne Treatment Center We Provide Professional Care and Consultation to Choose the Skin Care Treatments That Are Right For You!
You are unique, with your own skin type. It’s important before you start a skin treatment regimen that you work with one of Acne Treatment Center professionals who sees you for the individual that you are. All skin services are performed by our on-staff team which includes an aesthetician, three Registered Nurses and overseen by our cosmetic surgeon Ozan Sozer, M.D. Your skin deserves more than a random purchase off a website…you deserve to never be left in the dark as to what is the best regimen for you. That’s why your acne treatment recommendations will be based on a personalized analysis of your skin. You can know that you are using the product that is right for you.
Don’t settle for less than optimum results from pharmaceutical grade products and laser treatments that penetrate and provide faster results. Rest assured when it comes to your skin care, the Acne Treatment Center professionals at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery are here for you!