Neck Lift for Men
The neck lift procedure selected for your needs is dependent on the goals you have as an individual patient. Some patients achieve their desired results through a simple liposuction procedure, which involves the removal of excess deposits of fat from the neck.
Other patients desire more dramatic results which can be achieved through the removal of excess skin and fat along with the tightening and restructuring of the underlying muscles.
Preparing for Neck Lift Surgery
- Keep in mind that while neck lift surgery is a safe procedure, it is still a major, invasive surgery.
- You should expect to make certain adjustments to your lifestyles in the weeks before undergoing the procedure. Alcohol, excessively fatty and sugary foods, and over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen should be avoided.
- If you are a smoker, be prepared to stop smoking in the weeks before and after undergoing neck lift surgery as consumption of tobacco can interfere with the healing process.
The Neck Lift Procedure:
- The type of anesthesia that will be used depends largely on the preference of plastic surgeon Ozan Sozer and you as the patient. Many patients require only local anesthesia combined with a sedative; however, some choose to be unconscious during the surgery and opt for general anesthesia.
- The procedure will last between two and three hours.
- The procedure includes extremely small incisions, usually placed discreetly behind the ears and under the chin. Through these incisions, excess fat is removed, either via liposuction or through surgical excision.
Contact El Paso Plastic Surgery for Neck Lift Procedures
If you are unhappy with your appearance and would like to learn more about our neck lift enhancement procedures, including facelift, rhinoplasty, and eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), contact our El Paso, Texas practice to schedule an appointment. Plastic Surgeon Ozan Sozer, M.D. has the experience and skills to produce natural results you envision.