Have you been considering facelift surgery, but you’re held back by thoughts of visible scarring on your face?
It’s 100% understandable. After all, you want to get a facelift so you can correct sagging skin and wrinkles – not to feel self-conscious about whether people notice your surgical scarring.
That’s why we’re taking an in-depth look at one of the most popular questions we receive during the facelift consultation:
“Does a facelift leave visible scarring?”
Facelift Scarring: Why Incision Placement Matters
The answer to that question is pretty straightforward: if done correctly, your facelift surgery shouldn’t leave any visible scarring. That’s because the most common incision placement areas include:
- Within the scalp line
- Behind the ears
- Directly underneath the chin (for lower face/neck lifts)
Incisions are made in these areas because they’re a lot easier to hide from plain sight. The only time these scars will be seen is if you point them out to another person; otherwise, no one will even notice!
Why You Should Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon
If you’re worried about surgical scarring, choosing the right plastic surgeon can play a critical role in ensuring that you don’t have a visible scar. A board-certified surgeon will work closely with you to understand your goals and desired results, as well as any concerns you might have about visible facelift scarring.
Here are a few quick signs that you’ve found the right plastic surgeon to perform your facelift surgery:
- They have a board certification from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- They have a portfolio with examples of facelift surgeries they’ve performed in the past.
- They take the time to explain what your facelift procedure may involve, and don’t shy away from breaking down the cost of your facelift surgery.
- They make you feel comfortable and safe throughout the consultation process.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn if you’re a good candidate for facelift surgery? Schedule a consultation at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery in El Paso, TX today! (915) 221-2996.