Have you been considering facelift surgery, but you’re held back by thoughts of visible scarring on your face?
It’s 100% understandable. After all, you want to get a facelift so you can correct sagging skin and wrinkles – not to feel self-conscious about whether people notice your surgical scarring.
That’s why we’re taking an in-depth look at one of the most popular questions we receive during the facelift consultation:
“Does a facelift leave visible scarring?”
Facelift Scarring: Why Incision Placement Matters
The answer to that question is pretty straightforward: if done correctly, your facelift surgery shouldn’t leave any visible scarring. That’s because the most common incision placement areas include:
- Within the scalp line
- Behind the ears
- Directly underneath the chin (for lower face/neck lifts)
Incisions are made in these areas because they’re a lot easier to hide from plain sight. The only time these scars will be seen is if you point them out to another person; otherwise, no one will even notice!
Why You Should Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon
If you’re worried about surgical scarring, choosing the right plastic surgeon can play a critical role in ensuring that you don’t have a visible scar. A board-certified surgeon will work closely with you to understand your goals and desired results, as well as any concerns you might have about visible facelift scarring.
Here are a few quick signs that you’ve found the right plastic surgeon to perform your facelift surgery:
- They have a board certification from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- They have a portfolio with examples of facelift surgeries they’ve performed in the past.
- They take the time to explain what your facelift procedure may involve, and don’t shy away from breaking down the cost of your facelift surgery.
- They make you feel comfortable and safe throughout the consultation process.
Take the Next Step
Disclaimer- Any price mentioned in blogs are indicative prices of the period the blogs were posted and not binding to our current pricing. Please call or text us for our current pricing.