FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions about Plastic Surgery
Here are the questions most often asked by our prospective patients. We do encourage our prospective patients to write down a list of their questions to assure all your questions are answered and bring with you on the day of your appointment.
FAQ about Consultations
Please expect to be at your appointment at least 1-2 hours. This includes filling out forms and consultation. At your initial appointment with your surgeon you will typically:
• During your first visit, you will be asked to fill out medical history and demographic forms. Please bring a list of current medications you are taking, past surgery history
• Spend time with your surgeon and patient coordinator
• May have photos taken for result simulation*
• Have a physical examination by the surgeon (you may need to undress for a physical exam)
• See before and after photos of previous surgery results
• Find out more about your recommended surgical options
• Received detailed information about your surgery i.e (risks, recovery)
• Find out about surgery pricing and available dates
• Discuss financial options
• Ask any other questions you may have
We apologise in advance if our surgeon is running slightly behind schedule on the day you attend. They usually run on time, but occasionally – working in health care – there may be a slight delay.
FAQ about Surgery
There are mandatory wait times; however, if you have a specific date in mind, please get in touch with us as soon as possible to help you schedule your surgery to best meet your scheduling preferences.
Surgery wait times can vary depending on the time of the year and other factors including the type of surgery and whether there is preparation required for your procedure.
FAQ about Recovery
At the time of your consultation, your surgeon will discuss the length of your stay and explain why you may need to stay overnight, if required.