For patients who are traveling from out of town to visit El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, our staff will make every effort to accommodate you.
Dr. Sozer and Dr. Phillips require that patients arrive at least 1-2 days prior to their surgery. This will allow our staff to meet with you in person and go over any questions or concerns that you may have.
You should allow sufficient time in El Paso for your recovery. Recovery time duration, of course, depends on the extent of surgery you have. In general, most patients are able to travel 3-10 days following surgery. In rare occasions, recovery length may extend depending on patient’s recovery. Our goal is to make your experience as comfortable and rewarding as possible.
Since we are not able to follow up you with after your surgery as often as we would want, Dr. Sozer and Dr. Phillips do require you to follow up 6 months or as needed, post-surgery. It is important to know that recovery complications may happen, although not common. It is essential to be aware, that if complication(s) occurs, you will require traveling to El Paso for medical attention. Your length of stay will depend on evaluation.
Like many life experiences, your plastic surgery experience can be improved with a little advance planning. There is so much to consider at this exciting time but be sure to work closely with our team and consider your surgery from beginning to end. If you are planning plastic surgery, be sure to plan for a complete positive successful experience. A well-planned recovery can increase your safety, comfort, peace of mind and speed of healing. Speak to your surgeon about any unusual post-surgery recovery conditions, any possible complications that might arise and the expected recovery period. As with any surgery, some swelling, discomfort and bruising are expected. Your specific procedure and individual circumstances will determine what you can expect from your successful recovery.
Here at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, we have had patients from all over the globe that have come for different procedures with successful outcomes. We understand that there are different factors involved in traveling for a plastic surgery procedure so we are putting together this guide to help you in your planning.
- Complete Consultation Form: form will be emailed. Once the consultation form is complete, and you are determined to be a good candidate for surgery, our office will be able to assist you with scheduling your surgery.
- Send Us Photos: Please send us clear photos of your front and side views. Photos should be taken in good lighting and clearly should your areas of concern. Photos can be sent to us via email to designated Office Manager.
- Phone Consultation: We will set up a time for a phone consultation/virtual consultation with Dr. Sozer or Dr. Phillips once we receive your photos and consultation forms to discuss the specific procedures you are interested in and determine if you are a candidate for surgery. Dr. Sozer or Dr. Phillips will explain to you what the surgery entails and also answer all your questions. Our phone/virtual consultation fee is $300 payable by credit card prior to consultation. If you schedule a procedure, the $300 will be applied to your procedure.
- Face to face consultation: A consultation appointment is required. The cost of the consultation is $300, however, that amount will be applied to your procedure if you schedule.
- Schedule Your Procedure: Once you have completed your consultation, our office manager will give you a quote for your procedure and help you pick a date for your surgery. In general, a 20% down payment is required to book your surgery date. Full payment is required to be paid in full 3 weeks prior to surgery. We do accept all major credit cards, checks, cash, wire transfers, CareCredit, Prosper Healthcare Lending, and United Medical Credit.
- Read and Sign: After you have scheduled your surgery, we will send you a packet containing pre and post-operative instructions, as well as consent forms for your procedure. PLEASE read all the documents carefully, initial each page, and sign them. If you have any questions, please email or call us.
- Required Clearance/Labs: You will need a medical clearance from your doctor and routine blood test prior to surgery. We recommend you schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as you schedule your surgery so you have sufficient time to be seen. The test must be done 3 weeks before the day of your surgery so that there is sufficient time to obtain and review the results. The exact test that must be ordered will be determined by your age, general health, and planned procedures. We will send you the list of required lab work and medical clearance after reviewing your consultation form. Please keep in mind that your health insurance may not cover these expenses.
- You will need prescription medications after your surgery. These medications should be filled out at least one day before your surgery
When making your travel plans, you will need to arrive at least 1-2 days prior to your procedure and see the doctor for your pre-operative visit.
Our office is conveniently located approximately 10 miles West of El Paso International Airport.
Plan To Stay
Here are some general timelines when figuring out your minimum stay with us, please keep in mind that these can change based on your own personal healing process: