Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, is one of the most popular and effective skin care treatments. When passed over the skin, the micro-needles create tiny, evenly-spaced channels on the skin. During the body’s natural wound-healing process, collagen and elastin are regenerated, results in thicker, plumper skin. Microneedling helps improve fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a sugar that binds and absorbs water, giving fullness and plumpness to the skin. Hyaluronic Acid is produced naturally; however, production is decreased as we age. As natural production reduces, it causes a natural degenerative effect that reduces structure and volume from our face. Adding Hyaluronic Acid during your Microneedling treatment, allows the HA to penetrate even deeper through the channels created through the Microneedling process.
Candidates for Microneedling with HA
Microneedling is safe and an effective treatment for most adults with all skin types who wish to improve the quality of their skin. Microneedling is perfect for the individuals who are not candidates for lasers. You may be a great candidate if you would:
- Like to Improve fine lines and wrinkles
- Bring back the glow of younger looking skin
- Firm and smooth skin texture
- Even skin tone
- Reduce the appearance of pores
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks
Treatment and Results
Treatments vary on each patient depending on the area of concern and can be performed every four to six weeks. Most treatments range approximately 1-2 hours to complete. Patients are recommended a series of at least four treatments to see the best results. Patients will be given topical numbing medication to the treatment area for optimal comfort.
The downtime after a Microneedling treatment is minimal with three to five days, depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment. Minor redness and swelling are expected for a couple days. A post-treatment kit is recommended to speed up your recovery.
An immediate “glow” to your skin will be noticeable within a couple of days after your procedure which will continue to improve within the next couple of weeks. Full results can be seen up to 6 months post-treatment as collagen productions grow and the healing process is complete.
Complement your procedure with a SkinCeuticals regimen to maintain results even longer! Purchase your SkinCeuticals products at the ONLY SkinCeuticals Advanced Clinical Spa at El Paso. Earn points and discounts when you enroll in the SkinCeuticals Rewards Program available only at our SkinCeuticals Advanced Clinical Spa East and West.
- Gentle Cleanser: Cream cleanser removes impurities and excess oil, while soothing and calming skin
- C E Ferulic: Patented triple antioxidant serum delivers advanced environmental protection, while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydrating B5 Gel: Hyaluronic acid serum enhanced with vitamin B5 replenishes moisture and restores radiance for a smoother complexion.
- Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50: Provides broad spectrum mineral SPF protection and enhances natural skin tone to boost the appearance of radiance.
The next step is to schedule your consultation. During your consultation, Dr. Sozer will evaluate you and discuss all your questions, concerns and desires before undergoing surgery so you can have realistic expectations. You may call our office at (915) 351-1116 to schedule your consultation or may fill out our “Schedule Your Consultation” form on this page and someone will contact you to set your appointment.
Experience the Science of Beauty.