Surgery Policy & Instructions For Out Of Town Patients
For patients who are traveling from out of town to visit El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, our staff will make every effort to accommodate you.
We prefer that patients arrive at least one to two days prior to their surgery. This will allow Dr. Sozer and our staff to meet with you in person and go over any questions or concerns that you may have.
You should allow sufficient time in El Paso for your recovery. Recovery time duration depends on the extent of surgery you have. In general, most patients are able to travel 3-10 days following their surgery. On rare occasions, recovery length may be extended depending on the patient’s recovery. Our goal is to make your experience as comfortable and rewarding as possible.
Since we will not be able to have as frequent follow-up appointments with you after your surgery, Dr. Sozer requires that patients follow up six months post-surgery, or as needed. Although recovery complications are not common, it is important to know that they are a potential risk of surgery.
It is essential to be aware that if complication(s) occurs, you will be required to travel to El Paso to see Dr. Sozer for medical attention. Your length of stay will depend on a thorough evaluation.
Your plastic surgery experience can be further improved with a little advanced planning. This is a very exciting time, but be sure to work closely with your surgeon and consider your surgery from beginning to end. If you are planning to undergo plastic surgery, be sure to plan for a completely positive and successful experience. A well-planned recovery can increase your safety, comfort, peace of mind, and speed of healing.
Speak to Dr. Sozer about your expected recovery period, any unusual post-surgery recovery conditions, and any possible complications that arise. As with any surgery, some swelling, discomfort, and bruising are expected. Your specific procedure and individual circumstances will determine what you can expect for your successful recovery.
Here at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, we have had patients from all over the globe travel to our facility for different procedures with successful outcomes. We understand that there are different factors involved in traveling for a plastic surgery procedure, so we have put together a guide to help you in your planning.
- Complete Consultation Form: Once your consultation form is complete and has been submitted, our office will reach out to you to begin scheduling.
- Send Us Photos: Please send us clear photos of your front and side views. Photos should be taken in good lighting and should clearly show your areas of concern. Photos can be sent to us via email to our designated Office Manager.
- Virtual Consultation: We will set up a time for a phone/virtual consultation to discuss the specific procedures you are interested in and determine if you are a candidate for surgery. Your surgeon will explain what the surgery entails and answer all of your questions. Our virtual consultation fee is $300 and is payable by credit card prior to consultation. If you schedule a procedure, the $300 will be applied toward its cost.
- Schedule Your Procedure: Once you have completed your consultation, our office manager will give you a quote for your procedure and help you pick a date for your surgery. In general, a 20% down payment is required to book your surgery date. Full payment is required to be paid in full 3 weeks prior to surgery. We accept all major credit cards, checks, cash, wire transfers, CareCredit®, Prosper Healthcare Lending, and United Medical Credit.
- Read and Sign: After you have scheduled your surgery, we will send you a packet containing pre and post-operative instructions, as well as consent forms for your procedure. Please read all of the documents carefully, initial each page, and sign them. If you have any questions, please email or call us.
- Required Clearance/Labs: You will need a medical clearance from your doctor and a routine blood test prior to surgery. We recommend that you schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as you schedule your surgery so you have sufficient time to be seen. The tests must be completed at least three weeks before the day of your surgery. The tests that must be ordered will be determined by your age, general health, and planned procedures. We will send you the list of required lab work and medical clearance information after reviewing your consultation form. Please keep in mind that your health insurance may not cover these expenses.
- Pick Up Prescriptions: You will need prescription medications after your surgery. These medications should be filled out at least one day before your procedure.
- Have Your Procedure! Congratulations, you will then be ready to undergo surgery.
When making your travel plans, keep in mind that you will need to arrive at least one to two days prior to your procedure and see the doctor for your pre-operative visit.
Our office is conveniently located approximately 10 miles West of El Paso International Airport.
Plan To Stay
Here are some general timelines when figuring out your minimum stay with us, please keep in mind that these can change based on your own personal healing process:
Dr. Sozer and Dr Phillips like to see all of their patients 3-7 days after the surgery for their post-operative appointment.
We will schedule an appointment with the doctor within 4-5 days of surgery to remove your initial sutures. At this time, the final appointment will be scheduled to remove the remaining sutures.
Tummy tuck procedures vary greatly depending on the size of the tummy tuck, and the extent, such as mini or a full. Please discuss more specific timelines with the doctor during your consultation.
Recovery will depend on whether your procedure is completed under local anesthetic (available for upper eyelids only) or general anesthetic (for lower eyelids or combination).
Brazilian Butt Lift
Dr. Sozer and Dr Phillips like to see all his patients 3-7 days after the surgery for their post-operative appointment.
The doctor will need to see you within 5-10 days after the surgery date to remove your splint and any packing.
The doctor will advise the staff on when to schedule your initial post-op visit. Your surgeon will need to evaluate your individual healing progress before clearing you to travel.
Post-Operative Recovery Care Appointments: You will need to stay at least 3-10 days in El Paso before you can return home. The exact amount of time depends on your procedure and how far you are traveling. You will need to have an adult over the age of 18 with you throughout your stay for at least the first 24-48 hours.
10 Day Follow-up: Depending on the type of procedure, Dr. Sozer may require a 10 day follow up appointment. If you are unable to follow up within 10 days, you may need to find another plastic surgeon to assist you in suture/staple removal and post-operative care. This cost would be your responsibility.
6 Month Follow Up: Within 6 months post-surgery, most swelling should dissipate and you should be able to see close to your final results. Dr. Sozer requires that patients follow up six months post-surgery to check on the progression of healing.
We understand the financial burden to travel for your follow-up appointments. However, patient care and safety are our utmost priority. Our Doctors want to assure you are healing well by maintaining regular follow-ups and keeping a close eye on your progression. Missing or delaying scheduled follow-up appointments may result in the release of Dr. Sozer’s or Dr Phillips’ liability for your care.