A washboard stomach can be extremely difficult to achieve since even well-conditioned muscles can be hidden by a thin layer of fat. Abdominal etching surgery is a safe way to give the abs more definition. At El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, we can do a procedure that accentuates the existing muscle by removing fat. This procedure produces the highly coveted “six-pack” appearance.
Good Candidates for this Procedure Include
- A person who already has well-toned underlying abdominals that can be emphasized by etching.
- Individuals who have undergone tummy tuck surgery or liposuction and want abdominal etching to achieve a fitter, more chiseled appearance.
- Individuals committed to maintaining a proper diet and healthy amounts of exercise since the longevity of the surgical results depend on it.
What to Expect During the Procedure
- This procedure can be performed under either local or general anesthesia; you will work with your doctor to decide which is best for you.
- Your doctor will outline your abdominal muscles and use these lines to serve as a guide during surgery.
During the procedure, several small incisions are made in the naval or the natural creases of the abdomen, where they are inconspicuous.
- A cannula, or a flexible tube, is then inserted through the incisions to sculpt the abs by removing excess fat along the lines of your abdominal muscles. The four or five remaining scars are very small – only about an eighth or a quarter inch in length.
For a few weeks after abdominal etching surgery, you will need to wear a compression garment, which should only be removed when bathing. You may experience bruising, swelling and some pain which can be eased with proper care and medication. It is important that you limit exercise and avoid lifting weight over ten pounds and putting any pressure on the abdominal area. The full results typically become visible within six months, after the body has had ample time to heal.
Your El Paso Cosmetic Surgeon will be happy to answer any questions you have about abdominal etching.
If you are interested in an abdominal etching consultation please call 915-351-1116 or fill out the form on this page.
The next step is to schedule your consultation. During your consultation, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Sozer or Dr. Phillips will evaluate you and discuss all your questions, concerns and desires before undergoing surgery so you can have realistic expectations. You may call our office at (915) 351-1116 to schedule your consultation or may fill out our “Schedule Your Consultation” form on this page and someone will contact you to set your appointment.
Experience the Science of Beauty.