Different Liposuction treatments available at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery Tumescent Lipo, Smartlipo, and Vaser Lipo
Liposuction is a procedure that removes unwanted deposits of fat from the stomach, hips, thighs, and many other areas of the body with the goal of producing a more proportionate body contour. At El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, liposuction is our most popular procedure. It is the most popular cosmetic surgery procedure throughout the nation and can be performed on patients of almost any age.
Going deeper into Liposuction at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, let’s take a look at who is a good liposuction candidate, what are the treatment areas, what is the procedure like during and after and what are the types of liposuction options available.
- Men who are of almost normal weight but who have isolated deposits of fat in certain areas of the body are generally good candidates for liposuction.
- Optimal results are achieved when the skin has good elasticity. When the skin lacks elasticity, an additional skin-tightening procedure may be necessary to produce the desired result.
- Patients who are continuously gaining and losing weight are not good candidates for liposuction. Lifestyle changes that aren’t permanently implemented to stabilize weight will not allow for a satisfactory end result.
- During your initial liposuction consultation at our office, we will perform an examination, evaluate areas targeted for liposuction, and discuss issues related to your general health and weight management.
Liposuction Treatment Areas
Almost any part of the body can benefit from liposuction, including the cheeks, neck, upper arms, breast, back, abdomen, waist, hips, buttock, thighs, inner knee, and ankles.
Liposuction Procedure and After the Procedure
- During the liposuction procedure, fat is removed by inserting a small hollow tube called a cannula into one or more tiny incisions near the treatment area. The incisions are usually less than a quarter of an inch and placed in natural skin folds, making them less visible.
- We offer several liposuction techniques at our practice, including conventional, ultrasound assisted, and power-assisted methods. None of these techniques has proven superior to the others, but at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, we can tailor your liposuction procedure to your body type.
- During liposuction, the area to be treated will be instilled with a tumescent solution containing local anesthetic and water that will reduce bleeding during the procedure and reduce pain, bruising, and swelling after the procedure. After injecting this fluid into the target area, the cannula is inserted and the fat removed.
- After the procedure you may experience swelling and bruising. This is normal. You may not fit into the clothes that you would normally wear.
- To promote proper healing, you will need to wear a special garment over the treated areas for four to six weeks. Swelling and bruising will usually subside in a few weeks, at which point you will be able to wear your regular clothes again. It takes two months, sometimes longer, for the swelling to fully disappear.
At El Paso Cosmetic Surgery we offer a variety of types of liposuction techniques. The type of technique chosen will be decided by your doctor who is an expert in the technique with careful attention to match the type of liposuction that fits your specific type of need.
SmartLipo Laser Liposuction uses a laser (intense light energy) to liquefy the fat before removal. This method is very good at causing skin tightening below the surface of the skin, and softening the small globular fat in the upper layers of fat.
VASER Liposuction uses ultrasound (intense sound waves) to liquefy the fat before removal. This method works well for breaking up the large globular and fibro-fatty tissue which is usually in the deeper layers and in the flanks.
TUMESCENT Liposuction refers to the process of injecting a combination of saline water and a local anesthetic into the body area that is going to be treated prior to liposuction. This allows the surgeon to remove more fat with less blood loss, bruising and swelling
Contact El Paso Cosmetic Surgery for Male Procedures
If you would like to know more about Male Procedures such as liposuction offered at our El Paso, Texas practice, including gynecomastia, face lift, buttock lift, rhinoplasty, NeoGraft hair restoration, abdominal etching, fat grafting, or pectoral etching. Dr. Ozan Sozer has the skills and artistic sense to produce beautiful results, often combining several procedures to meet each patients’ individual needs.
If you are interested in a liposuction consultation please call 915-351-1116 or fill out the form on this page.