Rhinoplasty For Men
Rhinoplasty, often referred to as a “Nose Job,” is a reshaping surgery performed to give the nose a more pleasing appearance. This procedure can enhance the appearance of the whole face by bringing balance to the features. People have different expectations regarding the shape of the nose they want. That’s why at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery we can show you what to expect with our Vectra 3D Imaging System. This can minimize any surprises about the results.
You are a Candidate for Nose Surgery if You Have a Nose That:
- Looks too large for your face
- Has a bump on the bridge when viewed from the side
- Seems too wide when viewed from the front
- Has a tip that is droopy or plunges, or that is thick or enlarged
- Has excessively flared nostrils
- Is off-center, crooked, or appears asymmetrical
At El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, we recommend that our rhinoplasty patients be at least 15 years or older.
- Before the procedure you will work with Dr. Sozer to select either local or general anesthesia.
- During the procedure, incisions will be made inside the nose to reduce the appearance of scars. The shape of the original nose, the desired outcome, and the resulting complexity of the surgery will determine the length of the procedure.
Recovery after Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery):
- Although there will be swelling and bruising around the nose, you can usually go home the same day as your nose surgery.
- You will have a cast placed over your nose for about a week.
- Packing that is placed in the nose during surgery is usually removed the next day.
- Any bruising will typically disappear in two weeks. Swelling usually lasts longer, about a month, but may last for six to eight months.
- You can go back to sports activities one month after the nose surgery, but you must avoid sports-related activities where it may be possible to have a trauma to the nose.
If you are interested in scheduling a rhinoplasty consultation please call 915-351-1116 or fill out the form on this page.