Otoplasty is a surgical procedure used to correct pronounced deformities of the ear. Usually the Otoplasty can be performed in any individual over 12 years of age who has problems with very large ears and/or protruding ears. The procedures are done right in our offices using local or general anesthesia, on an outpatient basis. You go home the same day of your surgery.
What is Involved With an Otoplasty:
- Your doctor will use one of several techniques to correct a deformity, based on you as an individual. Any technique used will leave almost no visible marks.
- An incision is made behind or inside the ears.
- After surgery, you will need a bandage on the ears for a couple of days. After removal, you may receive a recommendation to use a headband at night, like those used in tennis, to retain the shape of your ears until they are healed.
- You may experience some swelling and bruising around the ears. The bruising will disappear in one or two weeks, and the swelling will disappear completely after a couple of months.
- As in all surgeries, the risks of Otoplasty include infection, bleeding, and blood accumulation under the skin.
In general, Otoplasty is a simple and safe procedure with very effective results. At El Paso Cosmetic Surgery Dr. Ozan Sozer will work with you to provide the ultimate in care.
If you are interested in scheduling an Otoplasty consultation call us at 915-351-1116 or fill out the form on this page today!